Monday, January 6, 2014
Sunday, January 5, 2014
I’ve learned one thing and that’s to quit worrying about stupid things. You have four years to be irresponsible here. Relax. Work is for people with jobs. You’ll never remember class time, but you’ll remember the time you wasted hanging out with your friends. So stay out late. Go out with your friends on a Tuesday when you have a paper due on Wednesday. Spend money you don’t have. Drink ‘til sunrise. The work never ends, but college does.
** I’m not telling you all to skip writing papers or anything. I’m simply encouraging everyone to make the most of their time in college both in and outside of the classroom. :)
Monday, December 30, 2013
me waking up for school after the holidays
Uh oh! Winter break is almost over…
Friday, December 20, 2013
His professor sent him an e-mail the following day:
Every year I attempt to boost my students’ final grades by giving them thisrelatively simple exam consisting of 100 True/False questions from only 3chapters of material. For the past 20 years that I have taught Intro Communications101 at this institution I have never once seen someone score below a 65 on thisexam. Consequently, your score of a zero is the first in history and ultimatelybrought the entire class average down a whole 8 points.
There were two possible answer choices: A (True)and B (False). You chose C for all 100 questions in an obvious attempt to getlucky with a least a quarter of the answers. It’s as if you didn’t look at asingle question. Unfortunately, this brings your final grade in this class tofailing. See you next year!
May God have mercy on your soul.
Professor William Turner
P.S. If all else fails, go with B from nowon.
B is the new C
B is the new C
Thursday, December 19, 2013
about 2 weeks ago i was working on a history paper and it was around 2 am and i was hungry so i went to the pantry to get some food and i found a bag of tortilla chips but they were really big chips so i broke one in half and for some reason i thought the noise was hilarious so i kept breaking them in half and that is the story of how my parents found me on the floor of the pantry crying hysterically surrounded by tortilla chips at 2 am
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
walking out of your last final like
Hope everyone rocked their finals! :)
ATTENTION: STRESSED OUT STUDENTS
NETFLIX HAS EIGHT EPISODES OF ANIMAL PLANET’S “TOO CUTE” AND THOSE EPISODES ARE LIKE 20 MINUTES EACH SO IF YOU NEED A STUDY BREAK THERE IS THAT
Take a study break. Be kind to yourselves, everyone.
Saturday, December 7, 2013
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Fun Holiday Gift Ideas:
Lap Desk for Tablets by Kikkerland
We all have at least one friend or family member who is always using their tablet, right? Right. A useful gift for the tablet user in your life is this lap desk for tablets! They just make using your tablet easier and, let’s be real, who doesn’t like convenience? :)
* This item is eligible for free shipping on thegoodlifeoncampus.com!
Monday, November 18, 2013
Hey, guys! So I’m not sure if you knew this, but TheGoodLifeOnCampus has a sister site: SecureOnCampus.
Exciting, right?! :)
So what exactly is SecureOnCampus? While TheGoodLifeOnCampus provides you with things to let you express yourself and have fun while in college, SecureOnCampus aims to keep you safe. Speaking of safes (hope you all like puns), we have those available to keep your valuables secure while away at school!
These are just two of our safes, but we have several in different sizes and for different needs. If you’re looking to keep your things safe (especially if you’re leaving anything in your dorm over winter break), I suggest checking these out!
Sometimes college gets a bit… well, stressful.
Do something to relax and try not to overwhelm yourself. :)
Sunday, November 17, 2013
I think I may need some more coffee to power through the rest of the day. Hope you all had a great start to the week!
Sunday, November 10, 2013
basically, anyone reading this knows that tumblr + studying = difficult. we’re all procrastinators. so i thought i’d share my favorite ways to crack down, not suck, and make it through finals week. you’ll need
- this or this. it’ll whip your ass into gear. you name a list of websites that distract you, set a timer, and bam. no more hour long study breaks. the best - or worst - part is, it can’t be undone by the application, by deleting the application, or by restarting the computer. you just gotta wait, and if you’re going to wait, you may as well study.
- goals. when you sit down to study, write down everything you’re going to do. then do it. aimlessly staring at your books won’t do shit.
- something to listen to. i suggest movie scores, song covers by the vitamin string quartet, or white noise.
- a queue. if you’re really obsessed with keeping your blog up to date, set aside some time, fatten up your queue, and let your blog run itself for a few days.
- breaks. during your breaks, dance, run around, work out, go for a walk, talk to your friends, call your mom. going back on the internet is an easy way to get out of the mood, so i wouldn’t suggest it.
- tea and coffee - if not for the caffeine, then for the feeling of cozying up with your text books and feeling studious.
- a place to study. it doesn’t matter if it’s in a coffee house, a library, or your kitchen table. as long as your bed’s not in sight and tempting you into a nap, you’re good.
that’s all i’ve got. i’d try to think of more, but that, my friends, would be procrastinating. off to study.
bringing this back because IT’S THAT TIME AGAIN
Finals are lurking right around the corner. I figure we could all use this!
"I’m going to catch up on all of my assignments and readings over the long weekend"
I have quite a bit of work to catch up on over this long weekend. How about you guys?