Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Monday, November 18, 2013
Sunday, November 17, 2013
Sometimes college gets a bit… well, stressful.
Do something to relax and try not to overwhelm yourself. :)
Sunday, November 10, 2013
basically, anyone reading this knows that tumblr + studying = difficult. we’re all procrastinators. so i thought i’d share my favorite ways to crack down, not suck, and make it through finals week. you’ll need
- this or this. it’ll whip your ass into gear. you name a list of websites that distract you, set a timer, and bam. no more hour long study breaks. the best - or worst - part is, it can’t be undone by the application, by deleting the application, or by restarting the computer. you just gotta wait, and if you’re going to wait, you may as well study.
- goals. when you sit down to study, write down everything you’re going to do. then do it. aimlessly staring at your books won’t do shit.
- something to listen to. i suggest movie scores, song covers by the vitamin string quartet, or white noise.
- a queue. if you’re really obsessed with keeping your blog up to date, set aside some time, fatten up your queue, and let your blog run itself for a few days.
- breaks. during your breaks, dance, run around, work out, go for a walk, talk to your friends, call your mom. going back on the internet is an easy way to get out of the mood, so i wouldn’t suggest it.
- tea and coffee - if not for the caffeine, then for the feeling of cozying up with your text books and feeling studious.
- a place to study. it doesn’t matter if it’s in a coffee house, a library, or your kitchen table. as long as your bed’s not in sight and tempting you into a nap, you’re good.
that’s all i’ve got. i’d try to think of more, but that, my friends, would be procrastinating. off to study.
bringing this back because IT’S THAT TIME AGAIN
Finals are lurking right around the corner. I figure we could all use this!
Saturday, November 9, 2013
"I’m going to catch up on all of my assignments and readings over the long weekend"
I have quite a bit of work to catch up on over this long weekend. How about you guys?
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Thursday, September 12, 2013
Study Snacking 101
As we start nearing the end of the semester I know my work load has gone up so I made this list with lots of healthy study snacks to help out! I like to bring a few snacks with me in different categories so whatever I end up wanting I’m prepared for. All of these are easy to eat (meaning you can eat with one hand) so they won’t take you away from your work, just hold you off until you’re ready for a full meal break!
As a college senior these are the snacks I’ve come to love while studying but they’re also great if you’re at work and want something easy and healthy to keep you focused. You can bring them in with you in the morning or have some ready in a mini fridge in your office!
For more ways to stay healthy in college go here!
Some healthy alternatives to the usual Ramen and Easy Mac!
While being in college means making some sacrifices, sometimes you can find healthy and affordable alternatives. Happy studying, everyone! :)
Sunday, August 11, 2013
I don’t love studying. I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful.
Natalie Portman (via petit-poids)
Thursday, August 8, 2013
Sure it’s technically summer, but spring is always kind of in the air, don’t you think? We do, and does our Spring 5 Piece Bed Set!
Friday, August 2, 2013
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
You can never have enough art in your room! Our Street Art 5 Piece bed is the perfect way to compliment your room without throwing paint on the walls :)
Monday, July 29, 2013
Friday, July 26, 2013
Thursday, July 25, 2013
School starts in August.
Well, you move in in August. Better be prepared.
Check us out. We have awesome dorm stuff. And we would never, ever, lie to you.
More Safety Info Needed!
We still need more safety info about your university. Just send us a message or some fan mail letting us know the “unsafe” spots on campus! We can’t wait to hear from you!